Rachael's trip

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Its been awhile...

I haven't written in awhile, so I thought I would sit down and catch up. Here lately, it seems as though I don't stop. OR, I keep going until I am so exhausted all I do is stop...I call those crash and burn days. February is such a busy month for me that I tend to do that a lot!

So, what has been going on? My darling daughter got a role in the Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella that her home high school is doing this semester. Rehearsals and getting back and forth is keeping me hopping! She got her drivers license yesterday, so this will help a bit, but she and I are still sharing a car. Not sure how much this is going to change things in the running her back and forth department.

My son is doing his student teaching this semester, so he has his sister's car. Seems the last semester is the most expensive. Every time I turn around there is more money to be spent on senior fees, Praxis exams etc... Aaargh!

I gave myself two physical challenges. One in January and one this month. Last month, I started with one little push up and added one each day until the end of the month. I have kept up with three sets of 10 every workout since. This month, I have started with one lunge (both legs) and am adding one each day until I get to 28. My ankles and legs are really weak, so I am definitely feeling this!

My kitchen is coming along great! On each rainy and/or snowy weekends, I have been painting a set of cabinets. They look great.  I am very proud of them. When I am finished with all of them, I will buy new hard ware and then start on the back splash! In the meantime, my poor oven is dying a slow and laborious death. I am going in search of a new one soon. Hopefully, I can find a new refrigerator that I can afford as well. I would like to put the old one in the garage to store beverages and extras. We will see.

So, that is it...that is what has been going on around here as of late.

LL&P
Jeanie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have had a busy busy year so far. Sometimes you have to take a day just for yourself.